In an effort to enact meaningful change against racism and inequality, Hanger Inc announces it is enacting a Diversity and Inclusion Pledge.
The Austin, Tex-based company pledges to take actionable steps that promote diversity and inclusion within the company and in the broader healthcare community.
“At Hanger, we stand for inclusion and respect for all. In our Diversity & Inclusion Pledge, we are reaffirming our belief that our differences make us stronger healthcare providers and better members of our communities. We are also committing to taking thoughtful, tangible actions to help build a more inclusive profession that will ultimately better serve all.”
— Hanger President and CEO Vinit Asar
The Diversity & Inclusion Pledge outlines five initial areas of focus for the company’s efforts:
- Dedicating clinical research to studying higher amputation rates among people of color.
- Committing to being part of attracting more diverse candidates to O&P graduate programs.
- Establishing the Hanger Diversity & Inclusion Council, chaired by President and CEO Vinit Asar.
- Expanding on the company’s unconscious bias training throughout the organization.
- Continuing to encourage participation in employee affinity groups for individuals with disabilities, people of color, the LGBTQ community, veterans, and women, as well as launching new groups.
Hanger will continue to expand on these efforts, with the newly created Hanger Diversity & Inclusion Council focusing on identifying next steps and additional focus areas.
The Pledge also encourages other healthcare and O&P organizations to join Hanger in embarking on similar, impactful actions.
“There is a lot of work to be done to dismantle racism and remove inequalities across the United States. Driving change must be a community effort, and every organization can play an integral role in that change by taking steps within their own workplaces to create cultures of inclusion and empathy that ensure all team members feel seen, valued, respected, developed and heard.”
— Hanger’s Director of Talent Management, Inclusion and Engagement Lisa Lodyga-Uhl
Hanger Inc provides orthotic and prosthetic (O&P) patient care, and distributes O&P products and rehabilitative solutions via its approximately 800 clinics nationwide. For more information, visit Hanger Inc.
[Source: Hanger Inc]
Freedom Innovations Receives Award at Hanger Inc Conference
Hanger Clinic Now Offering Open Bionics Hero Arm to US Patients
Hanger Inc and AT&T Create Network-Connected Device for Prosthetic Limbs