OPTP, Minneapolis, announces the publication of a new book for women who are pregnant and clinicians who treat them. Back & Pelvic Girdle Pain in Pregnancy & Postpartum was written by Deborah B. Riczo, PT, DPT, MEd.
The book addresses anatomical and physiological changes that happen during pregnancy and the common types of pain many women experience as a result. The reader is then guided through the Pelvic Girdle Musculoskeletal Method, which provides stretching and strengthening exercises to help relieve pain.
This valuable guide includes tips and tools to help women enjoy a healthier, happier pregnancy and postpartum experience, including:
- Mindful breathing techniques
- Tips on beginning a walking program and progression to other forms of exercise
- Lifestyle changes that can help decrease stress
- Tips on healthy nutrition and sleep habits
- Exercise planners and goal setting tips
Deborah Riczo is also the author of the popular book Sacroiliac Pain: Understanding the Pelvic Girdle Musculoskeletal Method. To learn more about Back & Pelvic Girdle Pain in Pregnancy & Postpartum or to purchase the book, visit OPTP.