Some 9,000 physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, and students of physical therapy from around the nation are expected to converge at the Ernest Morial Convention Center and the Hilton Riverside Hotel.
Among the session highlights:
– The Role of Physical Therapy in Disaster Relief: Lessons Learned after Katrina and Haiti – Thursday, February 10, 10:30 am to 12:15 pm
– Barefoot Running: So Easy a Caveman Did It! – Thursday, February 10, 2:30 pm to 4:15 pm
– Breast Cancer Physical Restoration Using the Pilates Method – Friday, February 11, 8 am to 10:45 am
– Using Group and Individual Aquatic Therapy to Treat Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders – Friday, February 11, 4 pm to 6 pm
– Keeping the Pitcher in the Game – Saturday, February 12, 8 am to 10:45 am
– Wiihab in Action: Improving Quality of Life and Participation in Individuals with Lifelong Disabilities – Saturday, February 12, 3 pm to 4:30 pm
The event will feature more than 550 exhibitors, showcasing state-of-the-art physical therapy products and services.
APTA sections represented at CSM are: Acute Care, Aquatic Physical Therapy, Cardiovascular and Pulmonary, Clinical Electrophysiology and Wound Management, Education, Geriatrics, Hand Rehabilitation, Health Policy and Administration, Home Health, Neurology, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Pediatrics, Private Practice, Research, Sports Physical Therapy, Veteran’s Affairs, and Women’s Health.
The APTA notes that the physical therapist profession ranks as one of the nation’s "top jobs" in terms of growth and demand.