The 25th International Seating Symposium is planned for March 12 to 14, 2009, in Orlando, Fla, at the Buena Vista Palace Hotel and Spa. Pre-conference workshops are scheduled on March 10 and 11.
The premier educational conference focuses on wheeled mobility and seating applications.
Visit the Web site for program information and registration. Register by January 15, 2009 to nab the early-bird rate.
The program features:
- More than 100 instructional courses, paper presentations, and posters addressing the latest strategies for clinical applications, research findings, service delivery, funding and policy, business operations, and case studies.
- More than 70 exhibitors showcasing products and innovations from North America and worldwide.
- Sunrise Medical keynote address delivered by respected clinician Jean Minkel.
- ROHO Group Research Forum on “Why Measure Outcomes?”
- One-day pre-conference workshops on the fundamentals of wheeled mobility and seating, funding and policy, manual wheelchairs, pediatrics, bariatrics, and lymphedema management.
- Celebration honoring invited guests, with headlining comedian Josh Blue.
- Networking opportunities with colleagues dedicated to providing wheeled mobility and seating support for people with disabilities.
Attendees can receive up to 1.7 CEUs (17 contact hours) for attending the ISS main conference and 0.8 CEUs (8 contact hours) for each of the pre-conference workshops. CEUs are provided by the University of Pittsburgh, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Department of Rehabilitation Science and Technology, Continuing Education Program.