Net Health offers a free webinar to help rehab therapists in hospitals and private practice set up telehealth services. View the webinar on demand.
In the webinar, physical therapist David Grigsby, MPT, cert MDT, co-owner of Tennessee-based Midsouth Orthopaedic Rehab, highlights key information about telehealth as well as actions and suggested steps to take for setting up a telehealth service, such as:
- An explanation of telehealth types
- An overview of legality, laws, regulations and parity law
- Advice for ensuring compliance with state laws and insurance requirements
- How to select codes for billing
- Medicare reimbursement for telehealth
- Standards of practice for PT Compact membership
- Best practices for setting up a teleconferencing platform, scheduling telehealth visits, and collecting payments
- Recommendations for assessment and treatment during telehealth visits
- Suggestions for marketing and promoting telehealth services locally
A long-time proponent of telehealth as a way to provide more access and convenience for patients who live in rural areas or who are challenged with attending onsite visits consistently, Grigsby stresses the value that telehealth can bring rehab therapists into the future, long after the COVID-19 pandemic has been resolved.
“As the PT world changes, when it comes to telehealth, people are going to be seeking out convenient alternatives with good outcomes, and we want you to be on the forefront of that so that it not only covers you now in this crisis situation, but continues to help you going forward, so you can build your practices and meet the needs of your patients wherever they are,” he says, in a media release from Net Health.
Net Health recently introduced a new telehealth platform inside its ReDoc powered by xfit EHR, offered via the Net Health Therapy for Hospital Outpatient Clinics and Net Health Therapy for Private Practice solutions. The new offering is a patient portal with secure messaging, direct access to health information and appointments and videconferencing for telehealth embedded within the application.
“Knowing that many rehab therapists are not prepared to execute on telehealth, we wanted to make sure we are arming our clients and other healthcare organizations with tools to make themselves more accessible to have a larger outreach,” says Net Health’s Doug Cundiff, MPT, MPH, vice president of ReDoc 360 Professional Services, who hosts the webinar, in the release.
“At the end of the day, our purpose is to unite caregivers with their calling, and this fuels our drive to telehealth.”
[Source(s): Net Health, PR Newswire]