In June 2020 Steeper Group and SteeperUSA announced the acquisition of the Espire Elbow prosthetic range from College Park Industries, and after a six-month transition phase, Steeper Group is now the Espire’s exclusive manufacturer and distributor, the company announces.
The Espire Elbow is designed to mimic the natural aesthetic of the human arm, with even weight distribution and the ability to look natural in a comfortable resting position, and can be programmed to fit individual needs. It is available in five models, each side-specific, a range of colors and two size options.
The gear box enables a high lift and hold capacity, allowing users to confidently hold 11kg, and dynamically lift 4kg to perform everyday tasks with ease. The Pro uses a custom 50W brushless DC motor, which provides the speed and torque needed to flex and extend the elbow. The strategic placement of the gearbox in the elbow joint provides maximum comfort, balance, and control of the limb. It automatically locks in both directions, achieving reliable confidence with elbow movement and positioning, and also features an electronic, silent free-swing. The free-swing is engaged automatically when the elbow reaches full extension – a feature that can also be activated using alternative inputs such as myo signals or switches set up via the Espire Hub App for iPad, the company explains in a media release.
“We are thrilled that the Espire Elbow range is now part of the Steeper Upper Limb Portfolio. Our teams have been working harder than ever to ensure a smooth transition, and we look forward to delivering outstanding service and expertise to our distributors around the world as we continue to develop the Espire Elbow range.”
— Paul Steeper, CEO of Steeper Group
The Espire Elbow at a Glance:
- Five models: Pro, Hybrid, Classic Plus, Classic and Basic
- Six color and finish options including a choice of custom finishes
- Clean-line shell and anatomical design
- Two sizes; small and standard to accommodate the variety in adult body sizes
- The Pro and Hybrid can easily be configured with the Espire Hub App
- The Hybrid, Classic Plus, Classic and Basic models have an adjustable forearm counterbalance mechanism to evenly distribute the weight of the forearm, wrist, and terminal device, negating the effects of gravity
- The Pro and Hybrid models can be integrated with pattern recognition technology from Coapt and IBT
- A selection of compatible inputs, outputs, and battery systems are available
[Source(s): Steeper Group, Presswire]