Encompass Health Corp opens its call for therapy research grant applications, due July 30, 2021, at 5:00 pm ET.
The grants, totaling up to $50,000, should target the investigation of the effectiveness of therapy in the inpatient rehabilitation facility (IRF) or home health care setting and may be divided between several proposed studies. Grant recipients do not have to be affiliated with Encompass Health, and research does not have to be conducted in an Encompass Health inpatient rehabilitation hospital.
Some topics that may be considered as highest priority include:
- Efficacy of physical, occupational, or speech therapy assessments or interventions
- Impact of modes or intensity of therapies on patient outcomes and experience
- Impact of therapy assessments or interventions on outcomes or experience
- Prevention or control of rehabilitation-related conditions
- Patient and caregiver education programming impact or outcomes
- Impact of IRF therapy services on the continuum of care throughout a patient’s medical event, including re-hospitalization and post-acute care
- Implementation science and knowledge translation research aimed at the study of methods to implement research findings
“Thanks to perpetual research, the field of rehabilitation continues to make an even greater impact on the lives of people with debilitating illnesses or injuries. We are honored to be offering these grants for a sixth year, with hopes that we can continue to support the industry and the future of rehabilitative care in an inpatient or home health setting.”
— Cheryl Miller, DrOT, vice president of therapy operations
Applications will be evaluated based on scientific merit and experience of principal investigator(s), relevance to the grant program objectives and expected outcomes and study feasibility.
The research should be conducted no more than 12 months after receiving the grant and must be completed in the United States and/or Puerto Rico.
Final selection of recipients and programs will be made by August 31, 2021.
For more information, visit Encompass Health.
[Source: Encompass Health]