Winnebago introduces Accessibility-Enhanced RV models 30R AE, Adventurer 30T AE, and Forza 34T AE, which feature wheelchair lifts, roll-in showers, wider hallways, and more for people with limited mobility.
The new wheelchair-friendly models are available in three standardized floorplans that include the most commonly requested options. The standardization of floorplans aims to help make the accessibility option more visible to customers, as easy to purchase as a standard Winnebago, and to help reduce costs to customers over time, according to a media release from Winnebago.
Among the customization options that can be included are:
- Platform wheelchair lift with an 800-pound lifting capacity
- Powered roll-up lift door, with wall-mount and key-fob remote controls for wheelchair entry and exit
- Expanded hallway and bathroom areas for greater accessibility featuring:
- Large roll-in shower with an assist bar and available folding bench seat, with extended lever faucet controls and adjustable shower head
- Raised toilet with assist bars
- Roll under sink
- Electric adjustable queen bed
- Thermostatically or remote-control roof vents
- Wall-mounted light and generator switches
- Lower installation of the systems monitor panel
- Optional 6-way power transfer seat
- Optional lower microwave placement
Beyond these standard options, further customization on a Winnebago Accessibility-Enhanced RV is available, including bed and toilet height specification, placement of handrails, ceiling track system installation for mobility without a wheelchair, specific furniture requirements, cabinetry, and aesthetic changes, the release continues.
“Over the past four decades, we’ve optimized our accessibility enhancements to take them beyond simple add-ons, to developing them into design features founded in countless real-world experiences and with Winnebago’s legendary construction standards,” says Ashis Bhattacharya, vice president, strategic planning and specialty vehicles at Winnebago. “We look forward to making these options easier to stock and obtain as we understand options for accessibility that are available to drive off the lot are hard to find in the broader industry.”
For more information, visit Winnebago.
[Source(s): Winnebago, PR Newswire]