Sunrise Medical celebrates World Environment Day and shares its support for this year’s theme: Beat Plastic Pollution.
As part of its commitment to protecting the environment throughout its global facilities, Sunrise Medical establishes goals every year to ensure that it continues to focus on protecting the environment and support “green” thinking throughout the company.
The environmentally conscious actions the Fresno-Calif-based company has achieved include, per a news release:
- Sunrise United Kingdom achieved zero waste to landfill, replacing their fleet of forklift trucks with ones that are 27% more energy efficient and introduced a formalized e-learning environmental tool for all employees.
- Sunrise Germany replaced plastic bubble wrap, bags, and tape, saving what amounts to approximately seven, 40-foot containers of plastic.
- Sunrise North America reduced an estimated 60,000 plastic bottles since expanding the number of water coolers in its facilities. Its Fresno facility added more recycle bins contributing to a 14% increase in the number of pounds recycled since last year.
- Sunrise UK, Germany, Tijuana, Poland, Fresno have all maintained ISO 14001 certification.
- Sunrise North America, Australia, United Kingdom, Poland, Germany, and Tijuana have continued to enhance their recycling programs making them more efficient significantly reducing the amount of waste and furthering the recycle process into the supply chain.
Fostering “green” thinking is part of the culture at Sunrise Medical, the company continues, in the release.
Last year, it launched a campaign to develop a design for a reusable tote bag, which was provided to each employee. This year the company initiated a global contest for employees to submit the most creative ways to reuse, recycle, or replace plastic.
[Source: Sunrise Medical]