The 37th annual International Seating Symposium (ISS) in Pittsburgh is now accepting registrations for both in-person and virtual attendance. In addition, good exhibit hall booth locations are still available. The meeting will take place October 28-30, 2021, and then again in April of 2023.
The in-person conference will follow all safety guidelines in place at the time of the conference. Be sure to register by August 31 to take advantage of Early Bird rates.
The 37th International Seating Symposium will feature:
- Over 75 exhibiting companies registered and ready to show their latest innovations.
- Industry-renowned keynote speakers and presenters.
- NEW for 2021, a RESNA track with topics from wheelchair servicing, to casmanagement to smart home technology.
- 2 Full day and 14 1/2 day pre-conference workshops to choose from
- Over 100 Instructional courses, papers and posters.
- Sessions will be live-streamed and an interactive virtual exhibit hall will be available for those that can not attend in-person.
- Up to 1.70 Continuing Education Units (CEUs), equivalent to 17 contact hours, can be earned by individuals attending 17 hours of instruction at the main ISS conference sessions (available to both in-person and virtual attendees).
- Additional CEUs are awarded for pre-conference workshops. (0.4 CEUs for half-day workshops, 0.8 CEUs for full-day workshops).
- Up to 10.0 CEUs, 100 contact hours, will be available after the conference through on-demand webinars recorded during the ISS. RSTCE CEUs are accepted by RESNA and NRRTS. RSTCE is an approved provider of CEUs for the AOTA. The University of Pittsburgh School of Health and Rehabilitation Science is a CAPTE accredited Physical Therapy program. ISS course documentation including learning objectives, references, and post-test is available for submission to individual state boards for health professionals and practitioners.
[Source: University of Pittsburgh]