About 30 outpatient surgery facilities received accreditation from the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF) in October, a media release from the AAAASF notes.
In order to receive accreditation, facilities must comply 100% with all accreditation standards concerning patient safety.
Inspectors are board-certified medical specialists who are trained to perform a thorough and complete facility inspection. Categories that are inspected at the facility include: general environment; operating room environment, policy and procedures; recovery room environment, policy and procedures; and general safety in the facility.
Additional categories that are inspected include: blood and medications; medical records; quality assessment and quality improvement; personnel; and anesthesia.
The following facilities received accreditation in October:
- Agape Physical Therapy & Sports Rehabilitation LP in Forest Hill, Maryland
- East Texas Medical Center Carthage in Carthage, Texas (also doing business as ETMC First Physicians Clinic Center III)
- Asuch Surgery Center in Marietta, Ga.
- Baptist Health in Pangburn, Ark.
- Belleza Cosmetic Surgery in Winter Park, Fla.
- Puget Sound Surgical Center, Shoreline in Shoreline, Wash.
- MedStar Medical Group, Southern Maryland LLC in Hollywood, Md.
- Ransom Memorial Hospital in Ottawa, Kan.
- Parker Rehabilitation Services Inc. in Highland Park, NJ.
- Stonegate Plastic Surgery Center in Round Rock, Texas.
- Akesis Services LLC in Austin, Texas.
- Congressional Women’s Surgery Center, LLC in Rockville, Md.
- Palo Alto Surgery Center in Palo Alto, Calif.
- Manhattan Medical Practice in Staten Island, NY.
- Resolution Surgical, LLC in Santa Monica, Calif.
- Service First of Northern California Aquatic Therapy and Wellness in Stockton, Calif.
- Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes, Ind.
- Durand Clinic North, Chippewa Valley Hospital in Durand, Wiss
- Regen Medical, P.C. in New York, NY.
- Pine Mountain Nursing Health Center, Inc. in Frazier Park, Calif.
- New York Heart and Vascular Specialists P.C. in Brooklyn, NY.
- Larry Tetsoti, M.D., LLC in Brooklyn, NY.
- Thibodeau Physical Therapy Limited Partnership in Lapeer, Mich.
- Deckerville Community Hospital, Inc. in Deckerville, Mich.
- Advance Rehabilitation & Consulting Limited Partnership in Saint Marys, Ga.
- Digestive Medicine Associates, Pembroke Pines in Pembroke Pines, Fla.
- Mountcastle Plastic Surgery & Vein Institute in Ashburn, Va.
- Genesis Eldercare Rehabilitation Services, Inc. in Rochester, Mich.
- The Cataract Surgery Center of Milford, Inc. in Milford, Mass.
More information is available online at the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities website.