Jean Griswold Foundation, a nonprofit named for the founder of Griswold Home Care, recently awarded grants to 27 organizations for their work to improve the lives of seniors and others in the communities in which Griswold Home Care operates.
The awards help subsidize health initiatives and home care services for those who otherwise couldn’t afford them, notes a media release.
“Each of these organizations have made such an incredible impact on the lives of countless seniors, disabled residents, and those recovering from illness or trauma,” says Cathy Howard, co-president of the Foundation and director of Griswold Home Care of Fairfield County, Connecticut.
“We are so proud to be able to support these local nonprofits that share Griswold Home Care’s mission for helping people live healthy lives in the place they love – their homes.”
Recipients of the Foundation’s 2019 grants include:
- Will2Walk Foundation (Chandler, Ariz)
- Sun City Area Interfaith Services, Inc. (Surprise, Ariz)
- Oak Hill Connecticut Institute for the Blind (Hartford, Conn)
- Ridgefield Visiting Nurses Association (Ridgefield, CT)
- Christiana Care Visiting Nurse Association (Wilmington, Del)
- Mid-County Senior Center (Wilmington, Del)
- Senior Connection Center, Inc. (Tampa, Fla)
- Lutheran Counseling Services (Winter Park, Fla)
- Senior Services North Fulton (Alpharetta, Ga)
- CICOA Aging & In-Home Solutions (Indianapolis)
- ALS Association MA Chapter (Norwood, Mass)
- Rainbow Village (St. Louis)
- Well-Spring Solutions’ Day Advantage adult day center (Greensboro, NC)
- Wilmington Area Rebuilding Ministry (Wilmington, NC)
- Senior Services, Inc. (Winston-Salem, NC)
- Greenwich House (New York, NY)
- Lutheran Metropolitan Ministry (Cleveland)
- Chestnut Hill Meals On Wheels (Flourtown, Pa)
- Union-Snyder Agency on-Aging (Lewisburg, Pa)
- Federation Housing (Philadelphia, Pa)
- Senior Adult Activity Center Phoenixville (Phoenixville, Pa)
- Respite Care Charleston (Charleston, SC)
- BakerRipley (Houston)
- Alzheimer’s Association – San Antonio & South Texas Chapter (San Antonio)
- The Green Urban Lunch Box (Salt Lake City)
- Arlington Neighborhood Village (Arlington, Va)
- Insight Memory Care Center (Fairfax, Va)
The Jean Griswold Foundation is a private charity established by Griswold Home Care to further the company’s belief that care for the elderly and disabled should be accessible to all. Every dollar donated is used to further its mission to support programs and services that allow seniors to age in place. Formerly the Griswold Cares Foundation, the 501c3 nonprofit changed its name in 2016 to honor the founder of Griswold Home Care, Dr Jean Griswold, who passed away in 2017, according to the release.
The application process for the next round of Jean Griswold grants will begin in fall 2019.
[Source(s): Jean Griswold Foundation, PRWeb]