WorkWell, a provider of training for credentialed Physical Therapist (PT) and Occupational Therapist (OT) professionals, announces the release of its WorkWell Provider Learning Center.
This new learning management platform provides occupational health providers with an advanced learning experience, including an online community where they can share expertise, enhanced online and on-demand training that allows providers to train on their schedule and learn essential skills that translate directly into workplace wellness.
“WorkWell’s PT and OT providers help organizations create a culture of safety with proactive injury prevention and treatment methods for hire-to-retire musculoskeletal wellness. Our new WorkWell Provider Learning Center revolutionizes the training experience for occupational health providers.
“It provides an incredible resource for PT and OT providers to continually enhance their knowledge and skills for improving an employee’s musculoskeletal health, so worker injuries are minimized, and performance is maximized resulting in a safer working environment.”
— Kristen Cederlind, Director of Clinical Services at WorkWell
Upskill and Train
The WorkWell Provider Learning Center enables PT and OT providers, and other rehabilitation professionals, to upskill and train on intervention methods for early management of new injury, care coordination, stay-at-work/return-to-work planning, work modifications, hazard identification and risk analysis, recommended activities based on healing phases, and stress management.
Expert training also encompasses ergonomics, post offer employment testing, the analysis and definition of functional job requirements, and reporting. Many courses offer continuing education units for US PT and OT licenses.
The WorkWell Provider Learning Center and core in-person workplace training programs (Functional Capacity Evaluation, Functional Job Analysis, Post Offer Employment Testing, Work Rehabilitation) are open to PTs and OTs employed in private practices or hospital-based systems who are interested in propelling their careers into workplace wellness and safety and joining the WorkWell Provider Network.
The WorkWell Provider Learning Center delivers a learning experience that includes:
- Simple course enrollment process
- Cutting-edge learning experience
- eLearning/on-demand training so providers can learn at their convenience with live webinars or on-demand
- WorkWell Provider Resource channels for all topics
- Online Community engagement provides the ability to contribute content and ask questions of “the experts”
- Self-serve transcripts and ability to track completed continuing education courses.
- Mobile app enables anywhere access
WorkWell also announces enhancements to its content from a cadre of expert instructors:
- Mark Anderson, MA, PT, CPE, a consultant, instructor, and ergonomics expert who has developed and implemented ergonomics consultation and training strategies for a wide range of companies, organizations, local, state, and federal government agencies, will be teaching courses on manufacturing and office ergonomics.
- Cory Blickenstaff, PT, MSPT, OCS, co-host of the popular podcast, Pain Science and Sensibility, a nationally known speaker, owner and operator of Forward Motion Physical Therapy, and a WorkWell Onsite Provider for nearly 13 years, will be teaching his new course, “Motivational Interviewing Concepts in Occupational Health.” The class will focus on helping participants build skills in an area of practice that can promote a positive return to work or health outcomes for clients.