Care2Learn’s free live webinar on November 12 will discuss the process of transitioning patients from a hospital setting to a skilled nursing and rehabilitation facility. The agenda aims to help you better understand Prospective Payment System (PPS) and Resource Utilization Group Version Four (RUG-IV) classification guidelines that are essential for determining patients’ needs and providing optimal patient care and outcomes.￼
The webinar will be presented from 1 pm to 3 pm EST.
Providing Optimal Patient Care
Presented by Lisa Jenkins, MPT, BBA, CHC, licensed physical therapist and Clinical Resource Services founder. Jenkins will present a detailed explanation of all aspects of PPS and RUG-IV in skilled nursing and rehab facilities and examine successful strategies for improving patient care–including key PPS terminology, the eight major RUG-IV categories, and how reimbursement is calculated in the SNF using the MDS and RAI assessment tools.
Live CE credit is available for the webinar by contacting an account executive at (866) 733-0728.
The webinar will cover:
- PPS key words and terminology
- The eight major RUG-IV categories
- How RUG-IV relates to PPS assessments
- Qualification criteria for Medicare Part A
- How MDS and RAI determine reimbursement in a SNF
- How PPS rules and regulations apply to therapy aides, co-treatment, skilled treatment, set-up/treatment time, family education, and more.
- Efficiency techniques for facility systems analysis, scheduling, staff meetings, and treatment location.
Click here for more information, and to register.